The Environmental Conservation Trust of Uganda ( ECOTRUST) is a Ugandan NGO whose goal is to provide long term sustained funding for biodiversity conservation and environmental management. ECOTRUST has an established valued Niche in Conservation Financing, which consists of: Development & Promotion of Cutting edge conservation initiatives, Managing grants on behalf of donors, Establishment of Payment for Environmental Services Schemes, Building Public: Private partnerships and Land Trusts. ECOTRUST is currently seeking applications from very dynamic self – driven professionals to join its team in the positions below;
Position: Finance & Admin Manager
Key Basic Functions: S/he will be responsible for directing ECOTRUST’s financial policies and oversee all financial functions including investments, accounting, control systems, budgeting, reporting, credit, insurance and ensure tax compliance in accordance with the ECOTRUST policy and procedures. The key result areas for the Finance & Admin Manager include:
- Ensure transparency, accountability and effective use of ECOTRUST financial resources in line with the set financial systems and guidelines
- Ensure timely budgeting, management and reporting of ECOTRUST finances to ensure timely completion of key financial plans and processes
- Provide a prudent income and expenditure control for ECOTRUST through Inventory, investment and asset management, including keeping track of the endowment assets investment performance
- Develop systems of financial monitoring and control to better align ECOTRUST policies, practices and procedures with international finance systems
- Support the development of a functional Human Resource Management system
- Supervise the administration function of ECOTRUST at all sites
- Build capacity of the employees of ECOTRUST in basic financial management
Minimum Academic Qualifications: Bachelor of Commerce/BBA degree Must have started on CPA/or ACCA & Training in project planning and management, Mission directed, visionary, proactive with good sense of judgment/discernment.
Personal Specifications & Experience High level of integrity, At least three years’ experience preferably with an NGO. Experience in donor funding and grants management as well as knowledge in investment management is an added advantage.
Desired Skills & competencies computer skills and knowledge of use of accounting software i.e quick books, Cash flow development, Budget development, Investment management, Interpersonal skills, Negotiation skills and Reporting /proposal writing skillsStrategic planning
Position: Programme Coordinator – Mt. Elgon
Key Basic Functions: To be part of the program management team and will be primarily responsible for fostering conservation and improved resources management of all ECOTRUST projects and stakeholders in the Mt. Elgon Region. The key result areas include;
Take responsibility for the day-to-day management of the field operations in the Mt. Elgon districts
Coordinate the implementation of the participatory natural resource management activities with the relevant partners in the districts
Ensure proper activity planning, implementation, and monitoring of activities
Build Capacity of all program staff to ensure effective development and implementation of Grant and Land trust activities
Organize policy advocacy activities on key programmatic issues as directed by your immediate supervisor
Document and write articles on programmatic areas
Minimum Academic Qualifications: A university degree in B.Sc. degree in natural resources or equivalent. Training in project planning and management, M&E & a post graduate training in a relevant field will be an added advantage
Personal Specifications & Experience: A confident, culturally sensitive person Good interpersonal skills, communication skills, confidence and ability to deal with people at different levels and backgrounds including rural, NGOs and Governmental officials with Skills in project planning, monitoring and evaluation. Demonstrated ability to mobilise communities for sustainable land use, environment/forestry/biodiversity conservation and /or rural development
Position: Administrative Assistant – ECOTRUST Secretariat Entebbe
Key Basic Functions: Support the Administration function of ECOTRUST as follows;
- Serve as an office assistant and Receptionist for ECOTRUST secretariat.
- Make arrangements and preparations for ECOTRUST’s events, workshops , meeting and trainings in consultation with the Finance & Admin Manager
- Support ECOTRUST staff and offices on general office logistics and ensure replenishments are done on a timely manner
- Maintain the cleanliness and tidiness of ECOTRUST premises
Minimum Academic Qualifications: ‘A’ Level Holder with a Diploma in Business Studies
Desired Skills & competencies: Community mobilization, Events management, visitor handling and communication skills, Good communication/interpersonal skills, Good PR skills
Submit your applications accompanied by CVs to the Executive Director, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org , or P. O. Box 8986 Kampala or on Plot 49 Nakiwogo Road Entebbe. By 28th January 2016.